What is trauma?
- Small, daily incidents at work
- Sudden death of a loved one or colleague
- Domestic violence
- Incurable diseases
- Losing a limb or organ
- Murder/farm murders
How do I know if I am experiencing trauma?
- Post-traumatic stress
- Recurring flashbacks of events
- Certain events that remind you of an incident
- Anxiety attacks
- Withdrawal from society after an incident
- Depression after an incident
- Abnormal phobias after an incident
What are the advantages of trauma counselling?
- Guidance to work through the traumatic event; you will never forget it, but you can distance yourself from the incident and experience it objectively.
- Triggers that make you relive the trauma are identified and removed, and you can live free from trauma again.